Internship Opportunity-January 2022 through March 2022
The Idaho State Treasurer’s office provides paid internship opportunities for undergraduate (Junior/Senior level) and graduate students to experience the day-to-day operations of the Idaho State Treasury.
The internship will provide students the opportunity to work in and learn the daily operations of several divisions within the Treasurer’s office including Banking Operations, Investments, Unclaimed Property (UCP), and Outreach as well as participate in the 2022 Legislative Session.
The State Treasurer operates as the chief fiscal officer and banker of monies collected by Idaho and is responsible for managing more than ten (10) billion dollars.
The Treasurer’s office acts as the state’s bank, receiving all the monies, investing idle state monies and funds for local government and state agencies. The following programs are also administered within the office; the Idaho Millennium Fund, Idaho Unclaimed Property, Idaho Bond Bank, and the Idaho College Savings Program.
This internship is designed to give an all-around educational experience of the State Treasurer’s office and state government.
Opportunities for the winter 2022 internship may include but are not limited to:
- Attending Legislative hearings and preparing reports
- Reconciliation of statements
- Prepare documentation for Advisory Board meetings
- Attend Advisory Board meetings
- Learn about the investment practices/strategies in the Treasurer’s Office
- Unclaimed Property data check
- Investigate claims for the Unclaimed Property Division
- Work on outreach via many communication channels including social media
Students who are self-motivated and interested in experiencing the operations of the Treasurer’s Office and Legislature are encouraged to apply. Interns are expected to have a minimum of fifteen hours (15) per week available in their schedule to devote to an internship.